At Meopham School we recognise the significance of quality Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) for all students. In addition, Enterprise education is also essential to the preparation of young people for transition to adulthood, equipping them with the skills and knowledge, to make appropriate choices about their future pathways.
The careers provision we offer seeks to deliver on the Department for Education Careers Statutory Guidance (January 2018).
We have developed career plans that highlight the opportunities on offer to our students.
In addition to our links with local universities we work together as part of the Swale Academies Trust Careers Network towards the Gatsby Benchmarks, which set out best practice for schools. Our links with enterprises and local businesses will ensure employers are supporting young people with decision-making and career development at every stage of school life.
We have compiled a list of useful websites which include links to colleges and universities and labour market information for Kent;
The Gravesham Labour Market Statistics
To view the Labour Market Statistics for Gravesham please click the link below.
Start is a free, online careers platform designed to connect 11-18 year olds with their future career potential. It combines the most comprehensive source of information with a personalised experience and career planning tools, helping our students to make more informed decisions about their future study and career options, as well as developing their employability.
- A student profile: students build their profile and access personalised study and career information.
- Modules: activities to guide students through the information on Start at the right time.
- Up to date information: engaging content on what to study, where to learn and the world of work.
- Locker: an online record of achievement to evidence skills for future applications and CVs.
- Employability action plan: Students can set goals and stay in control of their career planning.
If you would like to become a business link partner of Meopham School and work with our students please contact our careers lead on;